KJSO Concerto Competition
- Participant must be a member in good standing with the KJSO.
- If your piece has multi-movements, only one movement may be performed.
- Participants must bring three copies of the solo part of their audition piece to the competition for use by judges. These will not be returned.
- Please plan to arrive at the auditions at least 15 minutes early in order to warm up.
- Participants will need to provide their own accompanist. If the circumstances of the pandemic make it difficult for you to secure accompaniment, please contact email@example.com to discuss options.
- The Concerto Competition is a closed audition; only judges and accompanists may be present.
- The winner will be announced at the first rehearsal after the competition. Participants will have previously received an email announcing the winner, but we ask that they keep it confidential until we have a chance to announce it to the whole orchestra.
- A past winner of the KJSO Concerto Competition may not re-apply for two years following their win.
- Auditions are generally 15 minutes long. If your movement is longer than this, please let us know.
- Each student will be assigned an audition time. Please make sure you inquire about your accompanist’s availability before making your audition appointment.