KJSO Concerto Competition
KJSO Concerto Competition Guidelines
- Participants must be members in good standing with the KJSO.
- Participants who are involved in other musical activities which they do not exercise in the KJSO (e.g. singing, playing other instruments, composing) may compete in those fields; in such cases, a single member may enter the competition twice in two different fields if they wish.
- Composers should submit 3 copies of their full score and a high-quality midi (or live musician, if available) rendering of their work, which will be played in real time in the hall for the judges.
- Works should use an orchestration that does not exceed that of the KJSO roster this season.
- If your piece has multi-movements, only one movement may be entered**.
- **In the case of unusually short movements (less than 5 minutes), entering two movements is permitted, so long as the total of both movements does not exceed approximately 10 minutes.
- Participants must bring three copies of their music to the competition for use by judges. These will not be returned.
- Please plan to arrive at the auditions at least 15 minutes early in order to warm up.
- Performers will need to provide their own accompanist.
- The Concerto Competition is a closed audition; only contestants, judges, and accompanists may be present.
- The winner will be announced at the first rehearsal after the competition. Participants will have previously received an email announcing the winner, but we ask that they keep it confidential until we have a chance to announce it to the whole orchestra.
- A past winner of the KJSO Concerto Competition may not re-apply for two years following their win.
- Each participant will be assigned an audition time. Please make sure you inquire about your accompanist’s availability before confirming your audition appointment.
|Where||First Congregational Church
345 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
|When||Tues, Nov 14, 2022, Time: 5:00-9:00pm|
|Registration Ends||Fri, Nov 3, 2023|
|Scheduling||You will be assigned a time after registration ends|